Pocket Genealogist 3.21, another free update for Version 3 users, is now available for download. As with all Pocket Genealogist releases, the 3.21 update is a complete release and does not require the installation of any previous versions. If you already are using a Version 3 release, simply install 3.21 overtop your current version.
Changes/Enhancements in 3.21 since the 3.11 release:
WARNING: If you are upgrading from 3.11 or earlier, the database layout has changed and you will need to re-import/sync all your Pocket Genealogist databases.
- Device/Desktop: Support for Legacy Family Tree Version 7
- Support for new Married Name feature of V7.
- “Direct” imports for Legacy V4 have been discontinued.
Device/Desktop: Support for The Master Genealogist Version 7
Support for TMG 7.01 HVR3 field with mtDNA
Device/Desktop: Support for Ancestral Quest 12 Build 12
- Support for Phonetic and Romanized Names
- Device/Desktop: Support for FTM 2008 via GEDCOM import or “Direct” using optional PAF/FTM add-on. (Fact and Name Notes not yet supported with PAF/FTM Add-on import.)
- Desktop: Initial support for “PhpGedView” GEDCOM Import.
- Device: Reworked the “Name” tab and added “Custom” name fields (AKA, Married Name, Phonetic Name, Romanized Name, etc.) in support of PAF, AQ, Progen and Family Historian.
- Device: DNA screens completely reworked to add better support for AQ, TMG and Legacy including support for mtDNA. (mtDNA availability dependant on support by desktop genealogy program)
- Device: Relationship calculator changed to display list of individuals that are the ancestors/descendants between the two selected people.
- Device: Added support for selecting font size for non-touchscreen smartphones. (now works the same as the other device types)
- Desktop: Added new option on “Advanced” options screen – “Synchronize to location with most free space”. With initial sync of a database, the location (memory, file store or storage card) with the most space will be selected as the target of the sync. (Which can be overridden)
- Device: Support for 480×272 screen resolution devices. (Widescreen GPS devices for example)
- Device: Support for 320×320 screen (touchscreen) resolution devices.
- Device: Support for 176×220 (non-touchscreen) smartphones (Windows Mobile 5 and higher)
- Device: Support for Smartphones (non-touchscreen) with 320×320, 400×240 and 440×240 screens. Pocket Genealogist is not yet “optimized” for these resolutions (There will be wasted space on the screens), but the program will run. We will add better support on request.
- Device: Support for PocketPC’s or Smartphones (touchscreen) with 240×400 and 480×800 screens. Pocket Genealogist is not yet “optimized” for these resolutions (There will be wasted space on the screens), but the program will run. We will add better support on request.
- Desktop: The installer will now warn user if database layout changes have occurred with the new install.
- See Northern Hills Software Website for additional changes and fixes.